Marine Mammals
I take the bus to work, across the bridge. From the bus, you get a great view over the bay, because the bus seats put you higher up than car seats do. This morning I saw a seal or a sea lion swimming around under the bridge.
I also swim in the bay from time to time, but I've never met a marine mammal while I was swimming. I saw a seal once in La Jolla Bay, in San Diego, about 100 yards away. My friend and I had to remind each other not to swim over and check it out.
Me: "I really want to go see it closer."
Friend: "Don't. It's bad for you and for it and it's illegal."
Me: "Well, I know."
Friend: "I really want to swim over there too."
Me: "Don't. It's bad for you and for it and it's illegal."
Friend: "I know."
Me: "I really want to go see it closer."
I also see cormorants from the bridge, but I've never seen a nesting falcon.
I also swim in the bay from time to time, but I've never met a marine mammal while I was swimming. I saw a seal once in La Jolla Bay, in San Diego, about 100 yards away. My friend and I had to remind each other not to swim over and check it out.
Me: "I really want to go see it closer."
Friend: "Don't. It's bad for you and for it and it's illegal."
Me: "Well, I know."
Friend: "I really want to swim over there too."
Me: "Don't. It's bad for you and for it and it's illegal."
Friend: "I know."
Me: "I really want to go see it closer."
I also see cormorants from the bridge, but I've never seen a nesting falcon.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home